New Release: The Gorilla Guide to Production-Grade Kubernetes!
Kubernetes is widely recognized as the modern platform of choice for running efficient, distributed, containerized applications. But are you grappling with knowing what to do as your organization’s Kubernetes initiatives move from “science project” to “mission-critical?” As Kubernetes evolves beyond the data center to micro data centers and to the edge (see Figure 1), it is becoming more difficult to manage. Multiple deployments across heterogeneous environments compound those challenges. If successfully transitioning to production-grade Kubernetes is on the roadmap for your business, this Gorilla Guide produced in partnership with Platform9 is for you!
Inside the Guide
Gorilla Guides make learning and discovery approachable and easy, and they take the guesswork out of navigating complicated IT technologies. Written by industry experts, this resource is packed full of trusted information showing you best practices for deploying and managing Kubernetes in production, and then how to scale it up, keep it secure, best practices for Day 2 operations, and much more!
Download the book and find:
- Key insight into how to deploy Kubernetes effectively
- Advice on ways to leverage Kubernetes for DevOps
- Considerations for running Kubernetes at scale
- A best practices checklist for production-grade results
Table of Contents
Introduction: Getting Hold of the Kubernetes Curve (Average Read Time: 2 minutes)
Chapter 1: Considerations for Distributed Kubernetes—from the Data Center to the Edge (Average Read Time: 14 minutes)
- Variety of Deployment Models
- Network Issues and Multiple Kubernetes Sites
- Local Data Processing
- Security Considerations
- Centralized Management of Multiple Environments
- Focus on Your Core Business Objectives
Chapter 2: Creating an Optimal DevOps Experience with Distributed Kubernetes (Average Read Time: 17 minutes)
- Platform Engineering Optimal Experience
- The Application Owner’s Optimal Experience
Chapter 3: Considerations for Running Kubernetes at Scale (Average Read Time: 23 minutes)
Chapter 4: Production-Grade Kubernetes: Best Practices Checklist (Average Read Time: 18 minutes)
- Deployment Best Practices
- Operations Best Practices
- They’re ‘Best’ Practices for a Reason
- Work Your Kubernetes Plan
Platform9 enables freedom in cloud computing for enterprises that need the ability to run private, edge, or hybrid clouds. Their SaaS-managed cloud platform makes it easy to operate and scale clouds based on open source standards such as Kubernetes and OpenStack, while supporting any infrastructure running on-premises or at the edge.