New Release: The Gorilla Guide To…® Digital Transformation for Small and Midsize Businesses, Express Edition!
Most of us like to plug in a piece of technology and just leave it there—we don’t ask every day whether we need to upgrade our furnace or our clothes dryer. But core hardware and software on which your business depends must be kept up to date. Digital Transformation for Small and Midsize Businesses shows how, even if you’re a tiny operation, you can protect yourself from serious harm while becoming more productive by implementing recent software advances, notably through services from Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE).
All businesses, no matter how large or small, suffer a loss of efficiency and functionality over time called technical debt, if they don’t maintain their software (see Figure 1). Why don’t they? The answer is obvious: new software deployments require research, comparison shopping, and a raft of administrative tasks—setup, configuration, and deployment—just to get them off the ground. All these things now can be streamlined through HPE services.
HPE solutions understand a wide range of modern technologies, including virtualization and the cloud. In addition to helping you choose and deploy new hardware and software, it can monitor them to indicate recommended upgrades and replacements. Because it automates many tasks that used to be done by humans, it eliminates many errors, while freeing your highly trained technical staff to do tasks they’ll find more interesting and that benefit your business as well. Security and visibility through graphical displays are further features you’ll come to appreciate. HPE Financial Services even helps you plan the financing of new equipment and services.
Inside the Guide
Gorilla Guides make learning and discovery approachable and easy, and they take the guesswork out of navigating complicated IT technologies. Written by an industry expert, and brought to you by Hewlett Packard Enterprise, this resource is packed full of trusted information about how to automate computer purchases, deployment, and monitoring!
Download the book and learn all about:
- Technical Debt and How It Poses Risks for Businesses of all Sizes
- Automation as a Solution for Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
- HPE Solutions for Choosing and Deploying Software
- Innovative Financing Solutions
Table of Contents
Introduction: Maximum Opportunities for Growth and Innovation in Your Business
Chapter 1: The Challenges of Legacy Technology
- Where Legacy Can Fall Short
- Leaving Legacy Behind
- Legacy or Otherwise, Security Matters
- The Benefits of Automation
Chapter 2: Setup, Configuration, and Deployment
- About Setup, Configuration, and Deployment
- HPE Solutions Wizard
- HPE Intelligent Provisioning with Rapid Setup
- Start Your Digital Transformation Today
Chapter 3: Management and Automation
- Management and Automation in the SMB Infrastructure
- Gain AI/ML Insight with HPE InfoSight
- Management Efficiency with HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO) Facility
- Automate Your Infrastructure with HPE OneView
- Moving from Technical to Cost Controls
Chapter 4: Cost Controls
- Overcoming SMB Financial Concerns or Limitations
- HPEFS Programs of Interest to SMBs
- Other Options for SMBs
- Making Digital Transformation Happen in Your SMB
About the Author
Ed Tittel is a long-time computing industry writer and consultant. A contributor to more than 100 computing books, and many, many articles, blogs, and other materials, Ed writes and posts regularly online. His areas of expertise include networking, cybersecurity, Windows OSes, markup languages, and Web development.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Grow your business with small business IT solutions that power your key ambitions and help you achieve big goals. Explore how HPE small business IT solutions can best serve your small and midsized business needs. www.hpe.com/smallbusiness
Download the book here.